Purchasing & Travel
HISD - Bank Depository Proposal and Exhibit A
In addition to advertised competitive bid requests, Hallsville ISD participates in several purchasing cooperatives and programs in order to satisfy legal procurement requirements:
Education Service Center Region VII Purchasing Cooperative (ESC REG 7)
TIPS/TAPS (The Interlocal Purchasing System - ESC REG 8)
PACE Purchasing Cooperative
TCPN (The Cooperative Purchasing Network)
AN IRS FORM W-9 IS REQUIRED FOR HISD VENDOR PAYMENT PROCESSING.
If your business/organization is a ‘sole source’ vendor, meaning that the product or service provided by your business/organization cannot be purchased from any other source, please complete an HISD Notarized Sole Source Affidavit (see Downloadable Forms below) and submit to the HISD Purchasing Department at PO Box 810, Hallsville, TX 75650 or fax the completed form to (903) 668-5990.
INVOICE AND PAYMENT TERMS
In accordance with Texas Government Code, HISD has 45 days from the later of: the date goods are received, services are performed or an invoice is received to make payment. Acceptance of an HISD purchase order is considered a contract and is subject to this provision. (Texas Gov. Code 2251.021)
Please submit all invoices to:
PO Box 810
Hallsville TX, 75650
The Hallsville Independent School District is tax exempt on the basis that it is a governmental entity - school district. A tax exemption certificate can be provided upon request.
PROCUREMENT CARD AVAILABILITY
HISD Procurement cards are available for use with an approved Purchase Order. Please refer to the Procurement Card Procedures manual below for more information.
CONFLICT OF INTEREST
Vendors are required by state law (Local Government Code Chapter 176) to disclose annually whether certain relationships exist with district officers or employees by completing the form http://www.hisd.com/uploads/CIQ-New-2015.pdf. It is each vendor's responsibility to provide this information to the District. Forms which note a conflict will be listed on the HISD website. For more information on this requirement, please visit the Texas Ethics Commission website.
Please contact Kathy Bradford - (903) 668-5990 ext. 5022, or firstname.lastname@example.org or
Kathy Smith - Ext. 5060.
Basic Travel Information:
- MEALS reimbursed at 45/day (5/15/25). Itemized receipts ARE required. Overnight travel only. Students can be advanced $6/meal.
- MILEAGE is reimbursed based on the current state rate, and requires a point-to-point itemization from an on-line mapping service. Taking a school vehicle or renting a car from Enterprise is preferred over mileage reimbursement.
- LODGING-the current state rate is $85/night. Depending on the location of your travel, the rate could be higher. Please ask for the state rate when booking. District travel cards will be issued upon departure. Parking will no longer be advanced. It can be charged on the district travel card, or reimbursed upon return.
- District Procurement Cards are available to check-out for making reservations and on-line registration fees once your requisition is approved.
Useful websites / links:
- Complete the Request to Attend Form in detail.
- Have your Campus Principal or Immediate supervisor sign the RTA form.
- Save ALL itemized meal receipts for reimbursement.
- Complete the HISD Reimbursement Form in detail.
- Forward your purchase order along with the Request to Attend form, Itemized Receipts, HISD Reimbursement form and ALL supporting travel related documentation (conference information, hotel confirmations, etc.) to the Business Office.
Approval/Requisition Process: (Campus/Dept. Office)
- Each requisition will need to be seperate unless the vendor is the same: one in the traveler’s name and include a detail line for each of the following: meals, mileage (if applicable), one for registration, one for the hotel and one for Enterprise Rental Car (if applicable).
- Create a line for each item requested on the travel form. If a check will be issued to someone other than the traveler, please include those instructions in your line item detail.
- Scan and attach all travel related paperwork to the requisition in Skyward.
- Once submitted, the requisition will automatically be routed to the next level approver.
- Once approved, please print PO, travel form and documentation and send it to the Business Office for payment processing. You need to allow 2 weeks for check processing. Checks are printed on Wednesday and distributed in the campus mail on Thursday. If a travel card is requested, you will need to contact Ext 5024 or 5060.
After you Travel: (Traveler)
- Return the travel card to the Business Office, along with the hotel receipt.
- Turn in a completed Request to Attend form, All Itemized receipts for meal reimbursement, completed HISD Reimbursement form and a copy of the PO to the Business Office.
- Reimbursement will be issued within two weeks of all appropriate documentation being turned in correctly.
|Type||Document Name||Size||Last Updated|
|Bank Depository - TEA Required Attachment A||287 KB||04/04/2017|
|HISD - Bank Depository Proposal||158 KB||04/04/2017|
|Request for Proposal Notice for Depository Services by HISD||205 KB||04/04/2017|
|Local Government Officer Conflicts Disclosure Statement||23 KB||09/15/2015|
|Conflict of Interest Questionnaire for Vendors||15 KB||09/15/2015|
|IRS Forms W-9||93 KB||10/11/2016|
|Hotel/Motel Occupancy Tax Exemption Form||71 KB||10/11/2016|
|Request to Attend Travel Form||320 KB||03/30/2017|
|Sales and Use Tax Exemption Form||52 KB||10/11/2016|
|HISD Reimbursement Form||191 KB||02/22/2016|
|Sole Source Affidavit||37 KB||05/14/2013|
|Credit Card Acceptable Use Agreement Form||112 KB||08/22/2013|
|Procurement Card/Travel Card Procedures||127 KB||08/19/2015|