HISD NURSING STAFF
|East Elementary||Karen Aldredge, R.N.||email@example.com|
|North Elementary||Donna Harley, L.V.N.||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Kristie Bearden, Medical Assistantemail@example.com|
|Jr. High||Kimberly McGarvey, R.N.||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Leslie Nealy, Medical Assistantemail@example.com|
|High School||JoAnne Ford, R.N.||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Janet Ross, Medical Assistantemail@example.com|
ALLERGIES, ASTHMA AND EPIPENS
ALLERGIES AND EPI PENS
Have your physician complete and sign the asthma care plan. This plan must be updated annually. Your physician also needs to complete and sign the self carry/administration section of the care plan to enable your student to self carry their asthma inhaler while at school or attending a school sponsored event.
Click HERE for ASTHMA CARE PLAN
All students with a life threatening (anaphylactic) allergy, requiring an Epi Pen must have on file an Allergy Care Plan. This plan must be updated annually and requires a physician's signature allowing the student to self carry their personal Epi Pen.
Click HERE for ALLERGY CARE PLAN
HB 742 address food allergy information. Parents must disclose at the time of registering their child for school that the student has a known food allergy. The bill outlines:
A physician's statement must be on file with Food Services before substitutions can be made for you child's meal. Please contact HISD Food Services at extension 5552.
Click HERE for the FOOD SUBSTITUION FORM
- definitions of severe food allergy
- who is able to disclose such information to enable a district to take any necessary precautions regarding the child's safety
- specify the food to which the child is allergic
- the nature of the allergic reaction
- maintenance of the confidential information
- appropriate school personnel to inform
- physician documentation
- entering such information into the student record
Click HERE for MEDICATION ADMINISTRATION FORM (English)
Click HERE for MEDICATION ADMINISTRATION FORM (Espamnol)
- A parent or guarding must bring all medication, regardless if the medication is prescription or over-the-counter medication, to the nurse's office to be signed in. Only a parent or guardian will be allowed to pickup medication from the nurse's office.
- Medication must be in the original container whether prescription or over-the-counter.
- All medication given at school requires a signed parental consent form.
- Students may not carry on their person any medication except for the following: asthma medication and Epi-Pens with the appropriate documentation current and on file in the campus nurse's office.
Immunization requirements for the 2016-2017 school year are posted on the Texas Department of State and Health Services website.
Click HERE to view the Immunization schedule.
Obtaining a vaccine exemption form for reasons of conscience may be obtained by parents in writing or via a secure online request form by contacting the Department of State Health Services.
Department of State Health Services
Immunization Branch (MC 1946)
P.O. Box 149347
Austin, TX 78714-9347
FAX (512) 458-7544
Secure online request form for exemption affidavit:
Admission to school may not be allowed until the exemption form is on file with the campus nurse. The original affidavit must be on file in the student's health file. Copies of the affidavit are not acceptable.
HISD FORMS REGARDING HEALTH ISSUES