To All Parents of HISD Students:
HISD is committted to the safety and security of students, employees, and visitors at all of our campuses. In support of that commitment, the HISD Emergency Operations Plan will be followed in the event of a crisis situation. The opbjective of this plan is to ensure the health, safety and welfare of students and staff in the event of an emergency.
Although it is impossible to foresee all the potential emergencies, we have made preparations to effectively use our resources to respond to those emergencies that cannot be avoided. The responsibilites are shared between school adminstrators and parents. Incidents or crises on our campuses can be minimized, and positive outcome reached, through shared cooperation between parents of our students and HISD administration.
For information on the districts Standard Reponse Protocol (SRP), Click Here.
We ask that you please follow the steps below to receive guidance and updates during a school emergency:
- TUNE TO Bobcat Radio (104.9 fm) and LOCAL RADIO OR TELEVISION STATIONS - In the event of school emergency, our District Public Relations Director will contact the Bobcat Radio for the purpose of broadcasting vital information.
- Information will be distributed by...
- PLEASE DO NOT TELEPHONE THE SCHOOL - We have limited phone lines. These must be used to respond to the emergency.
- PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THE SCHOOL - Emergencies involving schools will mean that emergency vehicles (Policies, Fire, EMS) must have immediate access to the building. Crowded conditions will slow the process. If lockdown is intiated, access will be given only to Emergency Responders.
- AWAIT FURTHER INFOMRATION - Stay tuned to Bobcat Radio or check www.hisd.com and other local stations for updated information regarding the status of the emergency and what actions should be taken.