Parent & Student Resources
he goal of the Transportation Department is to provide a safe and enjoyable experience for children who ride the buses. Parents should take time to read over the Code of Conduct in the student handbook with thier children. It is also very important to review the Student Guide to Transportation tab. There you will find student riders rules and safety information.
School buses may not be able to navigate all streets in the district due to width, surface, construction, weather, or other accessiblilty constraints. Please understand the nature of School Bus limitations vs. private vehicles.
Did you know...
- It is state law that a school bus stops within 15 to 50 feet before crossing a railroad crossing whether loaded or unloaded.
- All motor vehicles must stop when approaching a bus with red lights flashing that is loading or unloading unles the bus is on the opposite side of a physically divided roadway. Failure to stop could make you subject to fines of $200-$1000. Subsequent offenses can result in loss of driver's license.
- School bus transportation is the safest form of transportation.
- Fines double in a school zone.
- If the road has no sidewalk, you must walk on the left side of the road facing traffic.