About Hallsville ISD
Hallsville ISD Vision and Core Beliefs
HISD will be a district that pursues
"Excellence in Education"
in all endeavors
Our Core Beliefs:
- HISD will provide students an opportunity to obtain a world class education that prepares them for a globally competitive society;
- HISD will strive to be a district of excellence that competes at the state and national levels in all academic and extracurricular activities;
- HISD will instill a desire for ethical behavior, integrity and good citizenship in all students.
Hallsville Independent School District is located in the western part of Harrison County some seven miles east of Longview and thirteen miles west of Marshall on U.S. Hwy. 80. It covers approximately 188 square miles and is inhabited by more than 18,000 persons. Approximately 4,900 students receive educational services from 350 professional educators who work to meet the needs of each child. A total of approximately 650 employees including support staff, bus drivers, food service personnel and maintenance crews work to meet this goal.
Hallsville ISD and every campus in Hallsville ISD are currently rated as Met Standard from the Texas Education Agency.
Hallsville ISD continues the academic excellence that has been a hallmark of this school district for decades.
Hallsville ISD is the only district in Texas recognized by Solution Tree as a Model PLC District. Four of the district’s campuses have also been individually recognized as Model PLC campuses.
Campus configurations within Hallsville ISD include:
- Hallsville Primary - PreK/Head Start
- Hallsville East Elementary - K-3
- Hallsville North Elementary - K-3
- Hallsville Intermediate - 4-5
- Hallsville Junior High - 6-8
- Hallsville High School - 9-12
- Class 4A State Champion Runner-Up In UIL Academics
- District 13-4A And Region 2 UIL Academic Champions
- CX Debate State Champions - Two Consecutive Years
- District 13-4A And Area Champions In One Act Play
- Middle School And Junior High School 13-4a Uil Academic Champions
- District 13-4A Champions In Junior High One Act Play
- FFA Chapter 4A State Champions
- State Champion In Pole Vault
- Ten Athletic Teams In The Playoffs Or Had Athletes Advance To Regionals
- Bobcat Yearbook Won State Award Of Distinguished Merit
- Four UIL Academic Individual State Champions
- Bobcat Belles - Grand Champion Showtime Texas Championship
- Senior Class Was Awarded $2.7 Million In Scholarships - A School Record
- Band And Choir Earned "Sweepstakes" At UIL
- The Technology Department, Recognized As One Of The "Top Ten In Texas" Supports All Campuses.
- All Schools Are Accredited With Teh Texas Education Agency. The High School Is Also Accredited By The Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools.
- The Hisd Education Foundation Has Awarded Over $148,000 In Grants To Teachers For Classroom Improvement And Projects.
- Owner And Operator Of Kqat 104.9 FCC Licensed Bobcat Radio.
Thank you for visiting the Hallsville ISD website. Please contact us if you have questions concerning Hallsville ISD at (903) 668-5990. Please visit our school to see the many great things going on at HISD. If you are considering moving into our school district, we welcome you as a part of this fantastic community. If you are interested in transferring into the district to take advantage of our educational programs, please see the links below to begin the transfer process.
Thank you for your interest and support.