- Enter the classroom quietly and ready to work.
- The following should be done BEFORE the tardy bell:
- Sharpen pencils.
- Check the board or overhead for instructions.
- Have all needed supplies readily available, especially PENCILS.
- When the teacher is talking, students should not be talking.
- If you have a question, raise your hand and you will be called on.
- Restroom breaks will be limited to 3 passes per 9 weeks/semester. No breaks will be permitted while the teacher is lecturing and cell phones cannot leave the class.
- Students will be assigned numbered calculators to use during class. Calculators must be cleared and turned in daily at the end of the class. No one will be allowed to leave the room until all calculators are accounted for.
- No food or soft drinks will be allowed in the classroom. You may bring water only.
- Work the entire class period. I will dismiss you as close to the bell as possible.
- Students will be asked to put their phones away during class time. This means students should not have access to their phones at any time during class. If you need to contact your child, please wait for your child to respond after class or contact the front office and they will send a message.
40% for Minor Grades
60% for Major Grades
Calculating Nine Week Grade for Algebraic Reasoning
Nine Week Grade = .4(Minor Average) + .6(Major Average)
- We will have class assignments, quizzes, unit tests, and several activities/projects.
- As per the district grading policy, students are allowed one retest per 9 weeks.
- Students will have the chance to retest as long as he/she attends 2 tutorial sessions where the student will complete a review with an Mrs. Beard and correct their test.
- Students absent on the day of a test will be given a similar test to the one given in class and allowed the same amount of time during morning and/or afternoon tutorials. This applies to quizzes as well.
- Every morning from 7:15 to 7:45 EXCEPT MONDAY
- During lunch (by appointment only).
- After school from 3:40 to 4:00
If more help is needed, let me know and we will work something out. Students are encouraged to attend tutorials with any Algebra teacher.
As my student, I ask four things of you.
- Be RESPECTFUL of others and their property.
- Come to class prepared.
- Pay attention.
- Always do your BEST!
From the list above, you can see appropriate behavior is expected and will be rewarded. Inappropriate behavior, however, will not be tolerated because it greatly affects the learning environment. School policy will be followed in all cases; thus, you need to be familiar with and follow the guidelines in the student handbook. Warnings will be given, parents will be notified as needed, and if a situation cannot be resolved or continues to hinder others’ learning, the student will be sent to the office. I will be consistent and fair, but please understand that I will deal with each student individually when it comes to discipline.
With our combined efforts, I look forward to a successful year!!
Algebraic Reasoning Syllabus
Inverses of Functions
Solutions of Equations
Name: Kami Beard
Subject: Algebraic Reasoning
Phone: 668-5990 extension 4181
1 ½ inch Binder and paper with 5-subject Dividers OR 5-Subject Spiral
Large Eraser or Eraser Caps
The following supplies will be needed this school year and would be appreciated but not required:
A Box of Tissues, Hand Sanitizer, extra notebook paper, or extra pencils
Recommended, but not required:
- If you are planning on purchasing a graphing calculator, the TI84+ is recommended. Their memory can be expanded; thus, making them more useful in higher level math classes.
- The classroom set of calculators cannot be checked out for any reason. This does not mean that the student has an excuse not to do the assignment. The room will be opened in the mornings and afternoons if that type of assistance is needed.
These supplies are due no later than a week after school starts back. Please let me know if there is a problem with getting the supplies. Also, projects throughout the year could require other supplies, but prior notice will be given.