COURSE EXPECTATIONS FOR ENGLISH 3
Welcome to my Course Expectations page! This page will function alongside my Remind text messages to assist students (and parents and guardians :) ) as we navigate this course together. Here you find:
- updates on homework assignments for English III
- a reading schedule for whatever we are working on as the year progresses
- tools and links to better assist you in understanding and independent reading
- audio text files in a link
- Be prepared to become Google Drive, Docs, Slides, Keep, and more friendly. Technology is part of learning.
I will update the site frequently as new information is necessary. Also as the assignments change, changes will be added to this page.
Helpful Class Survival Tips
- Do not try to avoid reading on schedule. You cannot perform well if you choose to avoid reading.
- If you miss a day, come see me. If you can come see me before you are going to miss, all the better. I do arrive around 7:15 from Tues - Fri. mornings. On Mon. mornings I have duty.
- If you are worried you aren't understanding something, it is my pleasure to talk it through with you if you come to tutorials.
“There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand the world. There is no such thing as a dumb question.” - Carl Sagan
My Remind information:
Tell people to text @e6a2f4 to the number 81010They’ll receive a welcome text from Remind.
If anyone has trouble with 81010, they can try texting @e6a2f4 to (903) 778-1052