COURSE EXPECTATIONS FOR ENGLISH 2
Welcome to my Course Expectations page! This page will function alongside my Remind text messages to assist students (and parents and guardians :) ) as we navigate this course together. Here you find:
- updates on homework assignments for English 2
- a reading schedule for the first three weeks and the year as time progresses
- Be prepared to become Google Drive, Docs, Slides, Keep, and more friendly. Technology is part of learning.
I will update the site frequently as new information is necessary. Also as the assignments change, changes will be added to this page.
Helpful Class Survival Tips
We will be reading "Ender's Game" by Orson Scott Card through December of this year, as well as other in class work. You will be responsible for all asignments on the dates that they are due.
This is a link to the pdf file (the entire text, readable for free).
This is a link to every audio file for free from Youtube.
Ender's Game Tenative Responsibilities Schedule
“Ender’s Game” Tenative Reading Schedule
9/20-9/28 Reading due Chapter 1-4
9/28 Summative Chapter Review due in class
9/28-10/04 Reading due Chapter 5-6
10/04 Read Chapter 7 in class together aloud
10/22 Quiz Chapter 4-7
10/31 Chapter 8
11/8-9 Quiz for Chapters 8-9
*teacher’s reserve the right to rotate dates according to teacher’s planning
- Do not try to avoid reading on schedule. You cannot perform well if you choose to avoid reading.
- If you miss a day, come see me. If you can come see me before you are going to miss, all the better. I do arrive around 7:15 from Tues - Fri. mornings. On Mon. mornings I have duty.
- If you are worried you aren't understanding something, it is my pleasure to talk it through with you if you come to tutorials.
“There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand the world. There is no such thing as a dumb question.” - Carl Sagan
My Remind information:Text @stognerw to the number 81010You’ll receive a welcome text from Remind.
If anyone has trouble with 81010, they can try texting @stognerw to (903) 778-1052