Project-Based Research Accounting Syllabus
Computer Lab H124 email@example.com 903-668-5990 ext. 4082
Project-Based Research is a 2-semester course. Successful completion will earn the student one credit and is part of the Business and Industry Endorsement.
Project-Based Research is a course for students who have the ability to research a real-world problem. Students develop a project on a topic related to career interests, use scientific methods of investigation to conduct in-depth research, compile findings, and present their findings to an audience.
- Apply mathematics, science, English language arts, and social studies in independent study
- Use verbal and nonverbal communication skills
- Demonstrate professional ethical behavior standards and legal responsibilities
- Design and develop a research project related to their career interests
- Use technology needed to complete a research project
- Evaluate the original research project
MAJOR GRADES: Comprehensive Accounting Problems, Practice Sets, Chapter Tests, and Competitive Tests
- Weighted 60%
- 3 per 9 weeks
MINOR GRADES: Daily Grades, Chapter Problems, and Worksheets
- Weighted 40%
- 1 each week
F Below 70
- Pen and Pencils
- Notebook Paper
- Folder with Pockets
- Handheld 4-function calculator ($1.00 at Wal-Mart)—No one will use a phone calculator.