Financial Analysis Syllabus
Computer Lab H124 email@example.com 903-668-5990 ext. 4082
Financial Analysis is a 2-semester course. Successful completion will earn the student one credit and is part of the Business and Industry Endorsement.
Students apply technical skills to develop knowledge and skills in the economical, financial, technological, international, social, and ethical aspects of business to become competent consumers, employees, and entrepreneurs. Students develop analytical skills by actively evaluating financial results of multiple businesses, interpreting results for stakeholders, and presenting strategic recommendations for performance improvement.
- Analyze accounting systems to examine their contribution to the fiscal stability of businesses
- Describe tools, strategies, and systems used to maintain, monitor, control, and plan the use of financial resources
- Demonstrate mathematics knowledge and skills required to pursue the full range of postsecondary education and career opportunities
- Manage financial resources to ensure solvency
- Calculate business ratios to evaluate company performance
- Analyze a financial statement
- Employ critical-thinking skills independently and in teams to solve problems and make decisions
MAJOR GRADES: Comprehensive Accounting Problems, Practice Sets, Chapter Tests, and Competitive Tests
- Weighted 60%
- 3 per 9 weeks
MINOR GRADES: Daily Grades, Chapter Problems, and Worksheets
- Weighted 40%
- 1 each week
F Below 70
- Pen and Pencils
- Notebook Paper
- Folder with Pockets
- Handheld 4-function calculator ($1.00 at Wal-Mart)—No one will use a phone calculator.