The Hallsville ISD School Board Of Trustees
The Hallsville Independent School District meets the third Monday of each month at 6:30 PM at the HISD Training Center. Exceptions may apply during school board elections and holidays. School Board reports may be downloaded here.
Meeting Dates for the 2019-2020 School Year
- August 19, 2019
- September 16, 2019
- October 28, 2019
- November 18, 2019
- December 16, 2019
- January 21, 2020 (Tuesday)
- February 18, 2020 (Tuesday)
- March 23, 2020
- April 20, 2020
- May 18, 2020
- June 15, 2020
The Texas Education Code charges school boards, as governing bodies, with overseeing the management of local school districts. Hallsville ISD School Board is led by a Board of Trustees elected by the community. The Board of Trustees governs the district by adopting policy and regulations. Each place on the HISD Board is elected for a three year term.
Members of the Hallsville ISD School Board of Trustees are the elected representatives the community charged by the Texas Education Code11.151(b) to govern and oversee the management of the school district. Members serve without pay and volunteer their services to ensure the delivery of the adopted Hallsville ISD Vision and Core Beliefs:
Vision and Core Beliefs
Hallsville Independent School District will pursue "Excellence in Education" in all endeavors
- HISD will provide students an opportunity to obtain a world class education that prepares them for a globally competitive society;
- HISD will strive to be a district of excellence that competes at the state and national levels in all academic and extracurricular activities;
- HISD will instill a desire for ethical behavior, integrity and good citizenship in all students.
Information about elections:
Information about training and orientation of members: