The Hallsville Independent School District abides by copyright and extends the same expectation to students, teachers, and all content authors; however, if you are the owner of copyrighted material that you believe has been used without permission, follow the instructions below to contact the HISD Copyright Agent (Service Provider: Hallsville Independent School District) and file a complaint.
Pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c), to be effective, written notification ("Notification") of claimed copyright infringement must be submitted to the following Agent Designated to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement (Service Provider: Hallsville Independent School District).
To be effective, the Notification must include the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Note: the above information is provided exclusively for notifying the service providers referenced that your copyrighted material might have been infringed. All other inquiries, such as requests for technical assistance, will not receive a response through this process.