- All professional and salaried regular employees are paid monthly on or about the 20th of the month.
- If the 20th falls on a holiday or weekend, the pay date will be the prior work day.
- During summer breaks, paychecks will be mailed or will be available for pickup after 12:00 PM on the 20th of the month.
- Substitutes are paid on a bi-weekly schedule- every 2 weeks- on Friday during the regular school year.
- Hourly employees are paid on a bi-weekly schedule - every 2 weeks - on Friday during the regular school year, and on Thursday during summer break.
Please note: Paychecks will not be released to any person other than the district employee named on the check without the employee's written authorization.
Weekly time records will be maintained on all nonexempt personnel. Electronically submitted timesheets must be verified by the supervisor and submitted to Payroll on the designated dates. Records will indicate all hours worked each week, including compensatory time earned and used. All overtime shall be pre-approved by the immediate campus or department supervisor. Any employee who repeatedly works in excess of his/her assigned work schedule, without authorization, will be subject to disciplinary action, including possible termination.
All professional employees shall enter time-off requests into Skyward Employee Access. Principals and directors should approve time-off requests daily in order to maintain accurate information in Skyward. Secretaries who handle time-off in AESOP must reconcile absences to ensure substitutes have been entered and leave has been correctly applied. Hourly employees should enter all absence requests in Skyward. Those should be approved by the supervisor before the absence is taken.
All employees are eligible for automatic payroll deposit. Any changes to direct deposit information must be received in the Payroll office 10 days prior to the scheduled pay date. The Direct Deposit Authorization Form is listed below.
All changes, OTHER EARNINGS, etc. must be received in the PR office TEN (10) days prior to the scheduled pay date. Employees may access most payroll information, including pay history, direct deposit stubs, W-2's, and time-off detail, in Skyward Employee Access, by visiting http://fin.hisd.com.
For more information contact Laura Field - 903-668-5990 x5026 - email@example.com
This form must be completed and approved by a supervisor, then forwarded to John Martin in Administration for approval before being sent to PR. Please include the account code for payroll. Completed form must be received in PR by the 10th to be included in monthly check run.