Goals & Responsibilities
The primary objective of the Hallsville ISD Police Department is to provide a safe educational environment for all students and faculty.
• Act as a resource with respect to delinquency prevention.
• Provide guidance on ethical issues in a classroom setting.
• Provide individual counseling and or/mentoring to students
• Explain the law enforcement role in society.
• Establish a rapport with students.
• Establish a rapport with parents, faculty, staff, administrators, and other adults.
• Promote a safe learning environment.
• Enhance safety in and around schools.
• Present a positive role model for students and adults.
• Investigate all criminal activities that occur on school campuses.
The Hallsville ISD Police Officer should be looked at as a resource to which the school community can turn. As such, the HISD Police Officer fulfills three roles by using a triad approach. The officer acts as an educator (law-related presenter), an informal counselor, and a law enforcement officer. As an educator (law-related presenter), the officer will share special law enforcement expertise by presentations in the classroom to promote a better understanding of our laws. As an informal counselor, the officer provides resource guidance to students, parents, teachers, staff, and act as a link to support services both inside and outside the school. As a law enforcement officer, the primary purpose is to "keep the peace." Furthermore, the HISD Police Officer also serves as positive role model (Mentor) for the students on campus during school hours and off campus at extracurricular activities.
The Hallsville ISD Police jurisdiction includes all territory within the boundaries of the District (188 square miles) and all property, real and personal, outside the boundaries of the District that is owned, leased, or rented by the District or otherwise under the District's control.
Peace officers employed by the Hallsville Independent School District have the same authority, powers, privileges, and immunities as bestowed on all Texas Peace Officers while on or off duty.