Hallsville ISD is committed to the safety and security of all students, employees, and visitors at our campuses. In support of that commitment, the HISD Emergency Operations Plan will be followed in the event of a crisis situation. The objective of this plan is to ensure the health, safety, and welfare of students and staff in the event of an emergency.
Although it is impossible to foresee all the potential emergencies, we have made preparations to effectively use our resources to respond to those emergencies that cannot be avoided. The responsibilities are shared between school administrators and parents. Incidents or crises on our campuses can be minimized, and positive outcomes reached, through shared cooperation between parents of our students and HISD administration.
For information on the district's Standard Response Protocol (SRP), CLICK HERE.
We ask that you please follow the steps below to receive guidance and updates during a school emergency:
- TUNE TO BOBCAT RADIO (104.9 FM) and LOCAL RADIO OR TELEVISION STATIONS in the event of a school emergency. District administration will contact Bobcat Radio for the purpose of broadcasting vital information.
- Information will be distributed by...
- PLEASE DO NOT TELEPHONE THE SCHOOL. We have limited phone lines. These must be used to respond to an emergency.
- PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THE SCHOOL. Emergencies involving schools will mean that emergency vehicles (Policies, Fire, EMS) must have immediate access to the building. Crowded conditions will slow the process. If lockdown is initiated, access will be given only to Emergency Responders.
- AWAIT FURTHER INFORMATION. Stay tuned to Bobcat Radio and other local media outlets, or check www.hisd.com or HISD social media pages for updated information regarding the status of the emergency and what further actions should be taken.